Pink Compact Umbrella
The Compact Duck Umbrella is small enough to fit in a tote bag!
Sustainability has been part of the mission of Original Duckhead since they started creating umbrellas back in 2012.
The main principles of the brand:
Minimize waste- they are conscious that producing anything new has an impact on the environment. They are continuously working to eliminate waste at every stage of production.
Design longevity- Designing umbrellas sustainably means designing umbrellas to last. They want every umbrella they make to live a long, productive life so they prioritize quality, ensuring their materials and construction hold up over time and age with character.
- rPET- they only use recycled fabrics. rPET is a versatile and strong material, created by upcycling post-consumer waste. Each of our umbrellas is made from 9 recycled plastic bottles.
- Waterproofing- the umbrellas are waterproofed with an eco-friendly non-toxic AC coating.
- Biodegradable poly-bags- our polybags are certified 100% biodegradable which means they biodegrade in landfills.
- All the packaging they use to ship from their factory to their warehouses, to their retail partner, and to your homes is fully recyclable.
Production- they have a long-standing partnership with their manufacturer in China, who is committed to ethical and environmentally responsible practices.
- 100% Recycled PET fabric made from recycled plastic bottles
- Solid wood handle made from sustainably sourced Birchwood
- Automatic open button for easy deployment
- High strength steel and aluminum frame
- Weight: 350g/ 12.34oz
- Length: 35cm/ 14”
- Ethically made in UK and China
Your Original Duckhead umbrella has been carefully designed and crafted to be with you for a long time. The following tips should maximize the life of your umbrella.
- Always allow your Original Duckhead umbrella to completely dry whilst fully open. This will allow the fabric to breathe and prevent any potential rusting of metal parts.
- Store your Original Duckhead umbrella in its protective sleeve, away from direct sunlight to avoid fading.
- Clean your Original Duckhead umbrella with a clean cloth and warm water. Avoid using chemical detergents and bristle brushes.
- To maintain that easy-open action, wipe the shaft clean from time to time and rub a very light layer of petroleum jelly on it.
A word from Stephanie
It rains really often in Belgium. The umbrella quickly becomes an indispensable object. However, finding nice ones is not easy. We discovered the Original Duckhead umbrellas in a small store in Lyon. We offered the pink one to Jb's mom. As soon as we came back to Belgium, we ordered our first umbrellas from them. They are so cute, not to mention their solidity and practicality!
Pink Compact Umbrella